Tuesday, April 14, 2015

WearMax Scratch Concealer



I received the WearMax Scratch Concealer through a promotion. 

Product Info:
  • Hides white line scratches
  • Ambient light helps cure or make Scratch work to create a permanent seal
  • Works on hardwood flooring
When I first received this product, I was skeptical. I wasn't sure how well it would work because some scratches can be very deep and permanent. The Scratch bottle came with a piece of hardwood floor, similar to what I have in my bedroom, and a rag to test out this product. I was happy to test it out this way because I knew I wouldn't have to worry about ruining my flooring to test it.  

The wood was covered in scratches on all ends. 
The bottom of Scratch is a squeezable bottle with a nice twist open and close lid. It helps make applying Scratch a breeze and allows you to put the desired amount on without having to waste any of the product. 

The directions of how to use Scratch is listed write on the bottle. The text is small, but it's easy to read with the contrast of the white lettering to the dark green background.  Step 1: Shake bottle to blend contents. Apply Scratch with a soft cloth to clean, dry floor. Using a Circular motion wipe the area until all excess is removed. 


When I took this picture, I didn't use a cloth to apply Scratch onto the wood. Using a cloth allows you to use less of the product, but I wanted to show what the product looked like outside of the bottle. It looks like a clear liquid with a slight yellow or brownish tint to it. It reminds me of a gel like liquid. Not runny like water, but not thick like hair gel. 

Note: This product can irritate the eyes or skin, so be careful not to get it on there. There is a slight smell to this product, so do not allow prolonged inhalation. 

Step 2: Use a portable lamp as the light source, apply direct light to the treatment area for 4 or more hours.

When I took this photo of the sample, I stuck it under one of our light stands to use the light to help cure or get the Scratch to take action. Of course, with normal flooring, you can't pick it up and move it, so using a portable lamp like the directions suggest works.

The image of the after product still shows the scratches because it's a close up. Even after Scratch, the scratches can be noticed when you're close up to it. (And no, there usually isn't any lingering smells where the wood was treated with Scratch.)

From further away, the scratches appear as if they never happened.

Find out more on WearMax's website or Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment