Friday, November 21, 2014

Dinosaur T-Rex Room Guard with Motion Sensor



I received the Dinosaur T-Rex Room Guard through a promotion.

Product Info:
  • Projects 24 Dinosaurs on three different reels over 3 feet
  • 5 Roar sounds
  • Ages 3+
  • Uses 3 AA batteries 
When opening this package, I noticed how well the product was protected with only a few extra materials to hold the dinosaur in place. It was also very easy to open and get out. 

The instructions on how to work the dinosaur that were inside the box were very easy to understand. 




The dinosaur takes 3 AA batteries to get it to work. The battery space was easy to find and open (on the belly or underside of the dinosaur), but getting the top back on to close it was a pain in the butt. It took several times to get the tab to fit in the hole to be able to get the piece back on. I was afraid I might break the tab off, though the tab is pretty thick to prevent breakage.  

The three reels that work to project the dinosaur images onto a wall or flat surfaces were easy to find. The extra storage for the reels were wonderful and handy! It helps keep all the parts and pieces together without any getting lost.  

The one reel in use goes in the shoulder area of the dinosaur. When the orange slide for selecting if the projector is on or off is to the right, like in the picture, the projector is on. 

There's a power button on the underside of the dinosaur by the tale. When pressed in, the dinosaur will roar and project an image of a dinosaur on. 

If the orange tab (in the picture) is to the left, the projector is off and the motion detector is on. There will be no projection of a dinosaur. If the room guard t-rex is in a room with light (whether it's sunlight or by a room light), the t-rex will roar when it senses the light change. 

To turn off the dinosaur, you just push the button my the tail again. 

My experience:

The projector image wasn't very clear, but I also wasn't in a really dark room and the dinosaur was on the floor. When he was on a surface that was higher up, it was easier to see the dinosaur projection. The darker the room, the easier it is to see as well. When I had the projector part on, I didn't really notice it detecting motion or starting to roar.

When the projector part was off and the motion detector part was on, it would detect any movement or change in the light. Bumping it would make it roar even. 

I had left the dinosaur in the kitchen with it turned on the motion detector part. One of my dogs had walked by the dinosaur, not knowing it was there, and was startled. It ran back into the living room where I was. The other dog had heard the noise and went to investigate. That ended up with both of them going up to the dinosaur and sniffing it. 

My favorite part about this dinosaur, besides the motion detecting roars, was how all the extra reels were able to be stored in the dinosaur. As long as the items were kept together in their storing spot, no pieces would get lost. 

Check out this dinosaur out on amazon

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment