Monday, November 7, 2016

Ripley's Believe It or Not! Unlock the Weird Review



I received the Ripley's Believe It or Not! Unlock the Weird! book through a promotion.

Growing up, I was a fan of the Ripley's Believe It or Not books. Turns out, I still am. I enjoy reading the write ups, facts, and strange stories. I especially enjoy the stories or achievements that have their pictures included in the book. It allows me to visualize and see what is actually being talked about.

The book is broken down into sections. These sections include: Believe it!, World, Animals, Body, Pop Culture, Transport, Feats, Art, Food, and Beyond Belief. My favorite sections are the Animals, Pop Culture, and Art. The Body section always intrigues me and grosses me out.

The Ripley's books are ones I have fun sharing with my nieces and nephews. It's fun to read the strange stories and facts with them. Their facial expressions towards the gross and the weirdest stories is almost as amusing as the book itself.

The book is a great gift for teens, preteens, or anyone who is a fan of weird and strange stories.

One of the stories in this book that grossed me out is the Sheep Dung Spitting. Who and why does someone do this? I would not want sheep dung anywhere near my mouth. This strange story had me cringing, yet my curiosity got the best of me. I had to read the strange story. The pictures had me too intrigued to just pass it by.


The Ripley's Believe It or Not! Unlock the Weird! is available at most retail bookstores. Check out more info on Unlock the Weird here.

No comments:

Post a Comment