Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Shed Ninja 2-in-1 Shedding Brush



I received the Shed Ninja 2-in-1 Shedding Brush through a promotion.

Product Info:
  • Helps reduce shedding
  • Works on short & long hair dogs/cats
  • Detangles hair and removes loose hair
  • Stainless steel blade
  • Reaches beneath top coat
  • No sharp cutting blade
  • Rake side designed for thick or heavy coats
The shed ninja 2-in-1 brush works well to help reduce shedding and get rid of some of the loose hair on dogs. 

The handle is a nice, comfortable size. It feels natural to hold.

The blade part of the brush isn't as sharp as some of the other blades I've had on other brushes. It's sharp enough to remove some of the loose hair, but it doesn't pull on the pets' hair has much. My dogs usually do not tolerate the de-shedding blades because they pull on the hair and it irritates them. My dogs don't exactly enjoy this blade, but they do sit still longer when I'm using the shed ninja blade compared to others. 

The rake side of the shed ninja is what my dogs do enjoy. My dogs usually do not like wire or metal brushes. This is the second rake brush style that my dogs enjoy. They will actually sit still for me while I brush their hair. The ends of the rake are rounded and smooth. They don't scratch or irritate the skin. The two rows of the rake are two different sizes. One is shorter and the other is longer. This helps detangle the hair and get the top and under coats at the same time.

A part of the brush stood out to me. I noticed the head of the brush swivels or moves. It's attacked by a rounded connection that allows the brush to move while it's going against a surface. It moves in the direction I'm going, yet it moves to adjust to the pet's body. It feels like it's putting an event amount of pressure and curves with their shape.

This flexible head connection doesn't feel the sturdiest. I'm afraid to put too much pressure with it in case it breaks. For my long haired, small breed dogs, this brush works fine.  For larger dogs, it may take more effort and time using this size of brush. Note: I have the small-medium sized brush. 

Pros:
- Flexible head
- Rounded ends on rake
- Rake rows two different sizes (gets top and undercoat)
- Nice handle
- Not a sharp blade

Cons:
- Flexible head connection doesn't feel sturdy 

Check out more about this brush on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment