Friday, September 25, 2015

Bright Dimmable Tap Night Light



I received the Bright Dimmable LED Tap Night Light through a promotion.

Product Info:
  • Dimmable
  • Tap light
  • Bright
  • Powered by 3 AAAs batteries (not included)
  • LED light 
  • Runtime can be between 60 hrs to 1000 hrs depending on battery life. 
  • Size: 3.5" x 1.2"
  • 3M tape on back
My niece and nephew are major chickens when it comes to the dark. When ever they stay the night, someone in the house always has to leave a night light on for them. I figured this bright tap night light might help.

When I put batteries into the tap light, I was blinded. Holy brightness. I didn't expect it to turn on so quickly just from being having put the batteries in, but I must have been touching the light just right that it made it turn on. 

The directions that came with the light was on a sticker attached to the light. They seemed simple enough until I tried to follow them. Turning on the light was easy. It took me several days to figure out how the light could be dimmable. 

To turn on the light, the directions recommend to touch the light on front (the side with the "OxyLED" logo) with two fingers. That works, but using one finger will also turn it on. 

To dim the light, hold a finger on that front part of the light. You can use one finger or two. The light should begin to dim or brighten depending on the level it's set at. The light will remember the last brightness level it was set to before it was turned off. 

To turn off the light is more tricky. The light seems to get stuck between wanting to dim the light or turn off. At times, using two fingers work to turn off the light by tapping it. Sometimes I have to double tap the light with either one or two fingers. Other times, I have to press and hold my fingers to it for a short time and then tap the light. 

The light does work well to brighten up a room. Medium to small sized rooms work best with this night light if you want it to brighten up a large portion of the room. The light works well in bigger rooms if you want to light up a certain section. 


Pros:
- Bright
- Long lasting
- Dimmable
- Lightweight

Cons:
- Poor instructions
- Can be difficult to turn off 

Check out this light on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment