Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Kitchen Zest Measuring Spoons



I received the Kitchen Zest 18/8 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons through a promotion.

Product Info:
  • Stainless Steel
  • Deep groove engraving
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Soft grip
  • Removable ring
Before I opened this product, I was a little worried how easy the measuring spoons could be to read to know what size they were. I've gotten metal or stainless steel sets before that were really tough to read due to their light engraving. 

I was very pleased to see that the Kitchen Zest set is very easy to read. The engraving on the spoons are deep and big enough that the size stands out on the spoons. The engraving has both standard and metric sizes. I usually don't use the metric readings, but it is nice in case I need to use them. It saves me from having to look them up. 

The set has the basic sizes I use for baking and cooking. The set includes a 1 tablespoon, 1/2 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, and 1/4 teaspoon measures. 

The grip on these measuring spoons is very soft and easy to grip. The material reminds me of silicone or rubber. Although, the back of the black handle grip part is open. This could make it difficult to clean if, for example, you drop it into the baking batter or mixture when adding an ingredient. These measuring spoons are dishwasher safe, so it does make it easier to clean. 

The ring the measuring spoons are on has an easy snap open and close clasp to help get the spoons off with ease. It helps keep the spoons organized and in the same place, yet also allows you the freedom to use and clean one spoon at a time. 

I did expect the stainless steel of the spoons to be thicker or heavier to bend. The stainless steel reminds me of some of the silverware I've had at restaurants that could be bent and curved. 

Overall, the measuring spoons are not as durable as I had thought they would be, but for the basic home cooking and baking, they work very well. 

Check out these measuring spoons on Kitchen Zest's website or Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment