Thursday, December 18, 2014

The List ebook



I received The List: Shout Out Your Dreams by Yuval (UV) Abramovitz through a promotion.

This book was very inspirational. The guide helps motivate you to want to act on  your dreams or desires.

Normally, I wouldn't like a book that wasn't fictional, romance, or mystery. I really did enjoy this book though. It was fast-paced, which kept me from getting bored or tired of the book. There was also humor mixed in with from the author about what he's experienced, gone through, or how he feels relating to the guide. It kept me amused and wanting to read until the end.

What inspired me the most was hearing his story at the beginning. To hear about his accident as a teenage boy and how he lost his ability to walk from falling on the ice. Something he had warned his boss about.

In that time, the author had choices to make. He could let his situation defeat him and lose apart of himself or he could try to rise above it. He chose the later. The author had created a list of dreams and goals he wanted to achieve one day.

His teachers and peers looked at him with pity thinking he'd never be able to achieve some of those goals.

The author worked heard to try to teach himself how to walk again with the help of physical therapy. It took a long time to recover. He believed that he was able to walk again thanks to his list of dreams. He had something to fight fore, something to work towards.

In all honesty, I don't know if I could have been as strong as him through a time like that. I'm not sure I could have been able to learn to walk again like he did, but then again, you never truly know how you'd react until you get put in that position.

Check out this guide on amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment