Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ten Tales of... (eBooks)


SCARED

I received the Scared: Ten Tales of Horror through a promotion. 

This eBook is a collection of ten tales from different authors edited by Rayne Hall. 

These stories are written in "What If" scenarios that leave you in suspense. In these tales, the world we know it has changed. Harmless objects are now menacing. Something bad can happen at every corner. 

There's no gore or massacres in these tales, thank goodness. These stories were not terrifying enough to keep you up at night, but they are tales that you may share similar fears. 

Life in Miniature was the tale that creeped me out the most. I'm not a big fan of dolls to begin with, and this story is one of the reasons why dolls creep me out. 

Death Comes For Maggie McDaniel was another one that intrigued me. What if you died without knowing you died? You woke up thinking you just fell asleep, but people come to visit you. They can't see you or hear you when you cry out to them, yet they are there, saying their goodbye. Only your dearist wish can set you free. 

Check it out on amazon

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


  UNDEAD

I received the Undead: Ten Tales of zombies through a similar promotion.

These ten tales are written by ten different authors and edited by Rayne Hall.

These tales are different versions of what it'd be like undead or how the undead would impact our lives if they existed.

I found the tales infectious. I'm so used to thinking of zombies just as mindless creatures. It's refreshing and interesting to be inside the zombie's mind while or after it's been infected. Many of the authors gave them the ability to think, but their priorities have changed. 

Immunity amused me because the person had been bitten by a zombie. Soon the infection will take place, but the person is in denial. He's so sure that he's immune to the disease that he doesn't notice the changes. 

Last Chance To See made me sad. The husband reanimated his wife, so she'd have 24 hours to say goodbye to loved ones, to see them once more, before death becomes permanent.  It's like they have to go through death all over again.

Decision of the Council made me laugh when I read who they were trying to reanimate. 

Check this ebook out on amazon

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment