I received the MeasurPro IRT20 Temperature Gun by Smart Weigh through a promotion.
- Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
- Laser Targeting
- Can be used for cooking, food prep, automotive diagnostics, HVAC service, electrical troubleshooting, etc.
- Choose between Celsius or Fahrenheit
- LCD display with bright back-light
- Measure range: -50 to 380 degrees Celsius (-58 to 716 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Response time is 500ms
- Low battery indicator
- Uses one 9V battery (is included with purchase)
- Automatic shut off function of 7 seconds
- Distance to spot ration is 12 to 1
The gun is very light weight and easy to use. The rubber finish on the handle makes it comfortable to hang on to.
You can shut on and off the back-light using the lightbulb button. The laser pointer or targeting can also be shut on and off using the triangle button.
I prefer using the back-light and laser for easy reading and accurate aiming.
I also prefer using Fahrenheit reading because that's what I'm used to.
The gun works great for food prep and cooking. From working in a food service in the past, I know how important it is to keep some food prep (meat, vegetables, uncooked food, etc.) or milk like products in the correct temperature range to avoid food born illnesses.
With how easy this gun is to use, I really wish my past food service work places had these when we had to take temperatures with the food. It avoids having to deal with cross-contamination because there's no contact with the food. It also saves from having to clean it after every temperature reading like a normal thermometer.
Check out this MeasuPro on amazon.